Saturday, March 7, 2009

Better Days Ahead

I must admit the month of February and the beginning of March have been challenging for me. While I am generally an optimistic person by nature, there have been times over the last 6 weeks that have really tested my optimism and faith, not to mention drained my energy and left me feeling tired and worn out. I think we all have times like this, where it seems like anything that can go wrong does; that the only news we hear from family and friends is 'bad' news. It reminds me of what one of my grandmothers used to say "When trouble comes, open both doors because it never comes alone!"

Yet, it is in these times that we need to look to find the positive because there is always something positive if we look. Sometimes it's a lesson in boundaries; sometimes it's realizing that if you need help you just have to ask; sometimes it's finding out that there are those who love you and are there for you no matter what. In every crisis there is opportunity, but to find it you must first learn to step out of the emotional drama and see what is really going on. It's when you are able to do this that you find choices you never knew existed; and, when you see you have choice, suddenly things take on a whole new perspective.

There are always better days ahead ~ the key is to make 'today' that better day.

No comments: