Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Cleaning...And Then Some

April has been a busy month.

It seemed like shortly after the month began, I felt the urge to pack up and clear out. Spring cleaning took on a whole new meaning as I looked not only in the closets and cupboards for things that were worn out and serving no purpose, but also within my life. Old habits, beliefs, decisions, anything and everything that was slowing me down had to go....and had to go now!

So, as I emptied closets and tossed out clothes that had seen better days, I also packed up clothes I no longer wore and donated them. But I didn't stop there. I also shredded old files and papers that I no longer needed to keep. I donated old appliances, radios and clocks. Basically I made a whole lot of space for 'something new' to enter my life. I'm not exactly sure what that 'something' is, but considering how much space I've made, I'd say it's something BIG!

Once the physical space was cleared, it was time to get clear in my thinking and my life. I find we often get so caught up in our day to day stuff that we don't really give it too much thought, it just becomes a long list of things to do. Yet taking time to stop and consider what we are doing, how we are spending our time and how we feel about it all can really give you both clarity and insight into your life. You see what's not working and needs to be changed, and you also see what is working whichs gives you the opportunity to appreciate it and to realize how blessed you actually are.

There's a lot I'm thankful for...and there's stuff that's not working that I'm changing now. It wasn't until I took time to really look at it that I realized it's time to make changes in order to get to where I want to be. So I'm spending the last couple of days of April to plan out those changes and develop a strategy in which to accomplish them. The time is now and I'm excited to begin.

Spring is an inspiring time of year - a time of renewal and growth, so if you are looking to change things in your life ~ now is a perfect time to begin!

No comments: