Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Journey

I love my work; I love what I do.

There is a certain yet indescribable joy in witnessing a client's journey through the process of transformation; a journey they willingly embarked on, a journey they are committed to take and to see through to their destination ~ their goal.

Clients come to me for a variety of reasons, family, relationships, career, personal development, etc.  Regardless of the reason, they all seek the same thing: "Change".  They want to change something somewhere in their life in order to make their life better; to get them 'on track'; to get them aligned and congruent with how they want to live their life. In other words, they want to live a fuller, happier life than they are currently living and they are looking for someone to assist them in making their goal a reality and they ready to do whatever it takes to achieve it.

My job is to guide them on their journey.  Their commitment to taking the journey means they will be doing the work.  Each client is responsible for creating the changes in their life they seek; my responsibility is to guide them through the process, to give them the tools, information, strategies and support they need to succeed.  I commit to assisting them when they commit fully to the work and the goal.  I firmly believe each and every one of my clients can achieve whatever they set out to accomplish when they are willing to do whatever it takes to get them there.

As we journey the path of transformation together, I get to witness first hand how they progress.  I see the change in their facial expressions and body language, the changes in the tone of their voice and their words, I share in the excitement of how the change they seek is beginning to manifest in their lives and I get to be part of their celebration as they achieve their goal.  I am a witness to their potential and to their success; and without a doubt it is both an honour and a joy for me to be part of their success.

The funny thing is, they often joyfully say "You changed my life!"  Yet, the truth is, they changed their own life; I merely journeyed and guided them along the way; they chose to make the journey and by doing so, they empowered themselves and achieved their goals.

Guiding individuals through change and transformation and into empowerment.  That's what I do... and I love it!

Blessings

No comments: